Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Routing VPN Tunnel from PIX

From: <pmahesh90979 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:58:12 -0800 (PST)

Hey Josh,

you can try this..

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <IP address of the external router interface connected to PIX>
route inside <inside n/w> <netmask> <IP address of the internal router interface connected to PIX>

Josh Welch <jwelch () buffalowildwings com> wrote:
I'm not sure if I am looking for something so simple that I'm
overlooking it or something so complex it doesn't exist.

I've got a router facing the internet, a pix 515 and an internal router.
The default route for the pix is the internet facing router.
I have VPN tunnels terminating on the pix and would like the default
route for traffic coming through those tunnels to be the internal
router. I have a couple of statics set up right now to make a couple
things work, but continuing with that strategy appears to be a good
recipe for a kludge.

If anyone has solutions, suggestions or pointers I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Josh