Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Personal Firewall Day?

From: "avraham shir-el (arthur sherman)" <avraham () jct ac il>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:28:16 +0200

i'd focus less on storage costs and more on TCO of uncle bill's station software.
we re-evaluate the thin client option every few years.
i beleive it's just a question of 'coming of age' as opposed to 'dead & gone'.
for a growing set of standard 'office' applics, the thin client is becoming
an ever more attractive mode of operation for us.
after a year of birth pains, our 60 terminal pilot has been stable for a year
now. as the lesser of 2 evils, i'd prefer managing a handful of MS terminal
servers than attempting to keep on top of 200 stations running uncle bill's
goods.
-ams