Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Odd PIX / router behavior

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:18:56 -0500

Thanks Ken.  It's definitely looking that way.  I wanted to rule out
that some packet with odd flags was slipping through the firewall's
state table and onto the outside network before being sent back, so I
added the following route to the PIX:

route inside 127.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.1

In this case, 10.0.0.1 is the inside interface of the PIX.  This has the
effect of dropping any traffic from the inside that is destined for
127.0.0.0/24.  The spoofing messages continued to appear in the log data
after that change, so I'm going to put an access-list on their border
router, which should knock it down.  If it doesn't, you can bet I'll be
back with more questions. :-)

Thanks again,
PaulM