Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

two networks same proxy server

From: "Robert E. Martin" <rmartin () fishburne org>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:20:20 -0500

This may be the wrong place to ask this but here goes....

I have two networks
192.168.98.x
192.168.99.x

and one proxy server
192.168.99.10

I have a Linux box, Mandrake 7 with 3 interfaces
eth0
eth1
eth2
The linux box runs ipchains as a firewall....

I want the 98 and 99 network to use the same proxy server.

This proxy is an iPrism appliance. I have set ip routes inside of it to tell it where the networks are.
192.168.98.0 lives on eth2:1 192.168.99.x

Also, I have tried secondary adresses on the interfaces:

eth0 216.12.31
eth1 192.168.99
eth2 192.168.98
eth2:1 192.168.99

Clear as mud, right?

I have tried to route across the box to the 98 network and had no luck. I am kind of new to the routing thing so any help would be appreciated.

--
Robert E Martin
IT Manager