Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Blocking Kazaa

From: "Daniel Howe" <dhowe () pobox com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:31:43 -0400 (EDT)

James,
 I believe someone already mentioned it. Squid HTTP proxy is FREE!!
http://www.squid-cache.org/
 If you can't even get a small PC to install Squid, try with ACL blocking
the IPs of the main KaZaa server. But if you want control over port 80,
you're going to need a proxy.

Cheers,
D.

I can't seem to find anything that isn't commercial (expensive) to help
me out with this, so I just have to monitor, slap hand, monitor ...
Rinse ... Repeat.

I would love to hear if someone has a way to block it with a PIX.