Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Blocking Kazaa

From: peter robinson <peter () www securegateway org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:22:56 +1000 (EST)

James

Have a look at the inline snort stuff. It uses IPTables and snort to do
intrusion prevention but snort has signatures to block Kazaa (and the
like) with great effect, Best part is it's free

Peter Robinson
Securegateway.org

I can't seem to find anything that isn't commercial (expensive) to help
me out with this, so I just have to monitor, slap hand, monitor ...
Rinse ... Repeat.

I would love to hear if someone has a way to block it with a PIX.