Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Allowing DNS servers to operate behind NetScreen 500

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:57:51 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 tqbf () sockpuppet org wrote:

If the moderators of fw-wizards want to let the list become a forum for
debating DNSSEC and the DNS security proposals, so be it. I question
whether the expertise exists on this list to make that a productive
endeavor.

I feel that debating DNS security proposals is indeed a good
thing.  It's also within the lists charter.

I also _know_ there are people with the qualification and expertise on the
list to make that productive.  I'll not make bets as to _if_ they'll get
involved in the discussion, but there most certainly is the expertise.

Ad hominem attacks upon the list membership's expertise is more specious
than the message you're complaining about.

Paul