Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: DNS Extensions and Firewalls

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 20:14:25 -0600

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 14:37, Thomas H. Ptacek wrote:
PS: I'm happy to move away from the Bernstein discussion. However, you
    don't make it easy with innuendo about "single developer projects".
    Despite "single developer status", djbdns is the second-most popular
    DNS implementation. Despite "single developer status", qmail is the
    second-most popular Unix SMTP implementation. Both projects, in
    massive use across the Internet, maintain amazing security track
    records, despite huge incentive to unseat them.

hehe.... I don't want to drag this further out either, but I do have to
say this: Neither djbdns nor qmail are single developer projects. Maybe
in terms of who wrote the original code, but there are a lot of folks
out there contributing to both, djbdns and qmail, through the means of
patches.

Matter the fact, if one visits qmail.org and reviews the web site and
all the patches available for qmail, one will realize that there is a
real community out there caring, patching, and developing qmail.

Cheers,
Frank (who prefers to copy 'host files' over ssh for djbdns... ;)