Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

linux on an s390, in a switched env, how to sniff?

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:57:11 -0400 (EDT)

Folks,

With a linux image on the mainframe, in a switched environ, tcpdump's not
useful, and redhats old 7.2 package for the mainframe is pretty useless
for building the newer ettercap code, unless one has the time to port in
newer glic, pkg-config, gtk, etc.... prettin-near a rebuild of the whole
offering.  And since a newer redhat version for this platform is not fully
supported as yet <perhaps sept?> are there any other simple tools that can
sniff in a switched env I might compile here.  I do not need alot of bells
and whistles, just a tool that can be used in tracing down connectivity
issues.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!