Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Managed Firewall Service - Opinions

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:36:35 -0400

Ron,

I would hope that most, if not all, managed service providers would
advise against perceptibly risky firewall change requests, otherwise
what's the purpose of outsourcing to experts?  Risk analysis should be
part of any security service provided by a third party.  In the same
vein, what good is a managed IDS or a VA if the engineer performing the
work can't identify the risks to their customer?  That doesn't seem like
a valuable service to me.  Just my $0.02.

PaulM