Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Managed Firewall Service - Opinions

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:09:43 -0400 (EDT)

Most MSSP's will put into place the rules that your site asks for.
This seems to mitigate the issue of whom is at fault for a breach based
upon configuration.  Now they <the MSSP> are 'supposed' to be the
professionals, but, how many will actually caution the client when they
want to make the rulebae turn their firewall into a router, or simply
impliment a rule or two that are not considered 'safe' or secure?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne