Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: commercial va

From: Anton Chuvakin <anton () chuvakin org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:45:20 -0400 (EDT)

Plus, there are at least half a dozen other good products!
Half a dozen more scanners which are "good", which I define as "have an
up-to-date database of exploits/checks for multiple OS
(UNIX/Win/IOS/...)"? Where are all those products? How low profile they
are? I assume you count products and not services (such as Qualys and
Foundstone), which are reportedly good, but IMHO are in somewhat different
market.

It is entirely possibly to build a scanner in your garage :-), but keeping
up with all the exploits/vulns is a major effort.

Best,
--
  Anton A. Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCI*
     http://www.chuvakin.org