Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: commercial va

From: Mark Gumennik <mgumennik () mitre org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:11:48 -0400

Simon,
We have done some comparison testing of several packages last month with
no clear winners or losers.
I don't know if this is a published material, so no details here, but
you can find comparisons of the sort in network magazines, they do it
often.
If you can use several products you could cover all the bases. Not to
use Nessus is unethical :-)
Don't forget: you are scanning for KNOWN vulnerabilities, not all of
them, some of them.
Mark

This message is not an official statement of my employer, nor it is RFC
1925 compliant

SimonChan () lifeisgreat com sg wrote:

Hi,

i'm considering on getting some form of VA product.

* top of my mind is  ISS  scanner
* NAI/cybercop scanner seems to be dated

Is there any "good" commercial va product out there ?
Also appreciate any one who has used ISS to feed back as well.

tks.

"Security is a balance between protectiveness and usability.
  Security is a Journey, not a Destination"

"My statements in this message are personal opinions
which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION :
The email is only for the use of the person or entity to whom it is
addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If
you, the reader of this email are not the intended recipient, any
distribution, copying or dissemination of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the
sender immediately by return email and delete this email. Thank you. Please
visit our website at http://www.lifeisgreat.com.sg.