Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SANS Top Ten and Commercial Firewalls

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:38:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 ark () eltex ru wrote:

There are some "reasonable" length limitations, like limiting maximal
http header size.

Oh, I totally agree with this, however it breaks the spec to enforce
them, and since I've been railing against the spec itself, examples of
exploits that were disallowed by the spec would have quieted me down a
bit.

Thanks,

Paul