Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Variations of firewall ruleset bypass via FTP

From: Al Potter <apotter () icsalabs com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:35:09 -0400

darrenr () reed wattle id au said:
As a matter of fact, the version of IPFilter is in NetBSD at any one
time is generally not something I have any direct control over.
Someone else IS responsible for keeping it up to date, as is
appropriate.

Is FreeBSD handled the same way?

Seriously, and I'm not trying to stir the scheisse, who should one contact
if they think they have an issue with IPFilter on [Net|Free]BSD?  You, the
OS maintainers, both?

As an aside, does any one know how this is handled in the linux community?
 Any of those folks here?

AL
--
| Al Potter                                                              |
| Manager, Network Security Labs                                         |