Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Proxy and Stateful together ??

From: "Jean Caron" <caronj () norac net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:04:42 -0500

Paul, and all you wizards, In regards to the paragraph at the bottom, I did in fact get many replies, most off-list. Here to summarize what I got, as asked; Suprisingly, it was not much of a flood. Aside from the obvious open source solutions, which I too like best, but eh... and since this must be a *commercial* / *supported* firewall (sorry, requirement not clearly defined my original post), Cyberguard seems to be the number one choice. Watchguard firebox also appeared a few times. FW-1 too. And, ah yeah, Microsoft ISA was suggested too. uh...no thanks, I don't own a mouse. <wink><wink> For the record, it's understood that I personally haven't tested or even looked at the above mentioned firewalls for functionality yet, but I will, soon. So for now, they are listed in no other specific order, well ok, in the "most replied for" order... there. Jean

Paul D. Robertson writes:
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Bennett Todd wrote: [Moderator's note: There have been lots of product recommendations, I hope the original questioner will summarize them all for the list early next week, so we don't have a flood of "I like $product" messages. Vendors are encouraged to e-mail the original questioner directly should they feel the requirements are met with their respective products.]

<snip>