Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: bodacion

From: "Christopher Gripp" <cgripp () axcelerant com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:05:59 -0700

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make ye free."

It seems to me the 'security' of this server is based on secrecy regarding the 'OS'.  Even though they claim it is has
no OS.  There HAS to be software designed to control the hardware of a specific data-processing system in order to
allow users and application programs to make use of it.  Therefore by definition this server HAS an OS.  I wouldn't put
much faith in it lasting very long in the public domain.  One may never be able to take control of the system but I
would be willing to wager there are dozens of DoS attacks that this system, just like OTHER appliances, are vulnerable
to.  Maybe someone will find an exploit for SSL tomorrow.  Suddenly their precious server becomes exploitable.

Christopher Gripp
Systems Engineer
Axcelerant

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."  G.K. Chesterton