Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Disecting the Cisco PIX

From: Evan Wagner <ewagner () Radix Net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:42:57 -0400 (EDT)

Yes,

A PIX 520 consists of an Intel Seattle II motherboard, power supply, floppy
drive, proprietary Cisco ISA flash card and 2 or more Intel Pro 100 PCI
NICs. That's all the components needed to create a 'FrankenPIX'. There was
a thread on Usenet about this a while back...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=a7vc0q%248kb%241%40sunsite.icm.edu.pl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dfrankenpix%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch

PIX classics may have used 10MB NICs but not the 520's that I am aware of.

--Evan