Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comments?

From: Vladimir Parkhaev <vladimir () arobas net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:33:29 -0400

Quoting Garcia, Nicholas A (Nicholas.A.Garcia () disney com):
I have a 5xp at home (Netscreen).  I used to own a Watchguard FBII and I
have used Raptor (Velociraptor), and Checkpoint on Nokia.  I still love
the Netscreen.  The new OS coming out is a major improvement in
usability too.

Can't keep my mouth shut anymore.... I managed them all - FW1, Pixes and
Netscreen and in my opinion, Netscreen is the best all around product:
1. easy to manage for CLI challanged
2. full blown CLI for UNIX dudes
3. very stable and performant
4. reasonably priced
5. no window$ invloved  ( why FW1 is still around? )