Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comments?

From: "C. Worms" <cworms () sansoft nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:18:29 +0200

The Sonicwall TZ offers what you are looking for, seperate ports for VPN
and home usage.
They are managable via Sonicwall SGMS. Also have a look at the Sonicwall
TELE3 SP.
As far as we tested, Sonicwall has the best VPN solution.

PIX is hard to configure and some PIX appliances have problems with
their power supplies.

Also check out the Cyberguard LX appliance, if you can affort it.

Netscreen and Intrusion we never used, so can not help you there

Good luck,

Cor Worms