Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: IBM firewall for AIX

From: "Abe L. Getchell" <abegetchell () insightbb com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:15:36 -0500

Hi Skip,
        I believe he's referring to the actual "IBM firewall software"
that runs on AIX.  I'm not sure what it's called, or if it's even still
being developed, but I haven't seen any of it out there.  At a client's
site, we ran Firewall-1 on AIX for a while.  When IBM first came in to
discuss the design of the system with us, they pitched their product to
us first, but backed off pretty quickly.  I know that IBM had a
partnership with Checkpoint for a while, but broke that off because they
wanted to try and sell more of their "IBM firewall software" running on
their AIX boxes. <shrug>

Thanks,
Abe

--