Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Disabling NIC whem modem is connected

From: carl () bl echidna id au
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:36:11 +1100 (EST)

AFAIK, secureclient (Firewall-1 VPN jobby) fulfills some of
the requirements.

From: "Loomis, Rip" <GILBERT.R.LOOMIS () saic com>

I know that there was discussion about 8-10 months ago of
a VPN client software installation that could force certain
requirements to be obeyed on the client PC before allowing
connection to the VPN gateway/server piece.  I don't recall
what software was discussed, what the venue for discussion
was, or whether the software ever got beyond the vaporware
stage--so I don't know if that's much help.  (If anyone *does*
come up with software that does this and is stable, please
advise.)