Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SSL and negotiated key strength

From: Rich Wilson <wk633 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:51:10 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Scott, Richard" <Richard.Scott () BestBuy com> wrote:
Greetings all,
I believe that 128bit crypto can be exported now, please correct me if I am
wrong, and hence outside connections using SSL with 128bit encryption is
legal?

An excellent survey of cryptographic legal issues around the world can be found
at:
http://cwis.kub.nl/~frw/people/koops/lawsurvy.htm

If you have time:
http://www.franken.de/crypt/links.html

may provide some usefull reading, especially in the last section.

If you're only concerned with what encryption to use when some unknown client
connects to you, I don't think you have to worry.  It would be a huge can of
worms if you did!

=====
:    __o
:   -\<,