Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

authentication

From: "Art MacLaren" <art_maclaren () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 19:36:49 -0000

We have hundreds of small sites connected to our corporate office via a private WAN. We want to connect dozens of suppliers to the small sites. To avoid the cost of purchasing and managing a firewall for each small site, we'd like to connect the suppliers to a Checkpoint firewall in a DMZ that corporate will maintain. For now, only private connections to the DMZ will be allowed, not direct internet connections.

Since different suppliers need to connect to different applications at different sets of sites, a lot of firewall rules will be needed, and the complexity could cause a lot of trouble. Does the marketplace offer commercial products to authenticate users at the firewall and to authorize them to access different platforms at those sites? We have no control over the hardware and software at the supplier and customer sites, so a multi-platform approach is vital.

Thanks!