Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Air gap technologies

From: Avi Rubin <rubin () research att com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:32:47 -0500

There is a simple disconnect here (no pun intended) of terminology.

Elad considers Unix and Windows NT (and probably also Mac OS) as the
definition of operating systems, whereas Marcus considers anything that
runs on top of a chip as the operating system.

Technically speaking Marcus is more accurate. What I think Elad means is
that there is no standard O/S with a user space, a file system, etc. All
that good stuff they teach you in Operating Systems 101.

I hope the two of you do not get into a flame war about what is or is
not an operating system.

Avi

--
http://avirubin.com/