Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: High Speed Firewalls

From: Rick Murphy <rmurphy () mitretek org>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 09:32:20 -0500

At 07:52 AM 3/3/00 -0600, Woeltje, Donald wrote:
I'm sorry Rick, but it's not.

I think you missed the point -
What I tried to say was that Portus - which uses a ftp proxy - will require big iron to meet the bandwidth demanded, then said that I was in agreement that using something other than a full firewall is probably going to be necessary to meed the demand. I recommended looking elsewhere. So, are you saying that you've managed to get 300Mb/sec through a ftp proxy?

I think what you're trying to say is that a simple router isn't going to handle the load; that's probably the case - multiple servers and load balancing is probably going to be necessary.
        -Rick