Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: High Speed Firewalls

From: "Deane, James" <jdeane () chx com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 05:26:42 -0600

You might want to look at a product called RAINwall by Rainfinity
(www.rainfinity.com).  RAIN stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Nodes
(Inexpensive is, I guess, a relative term, especially when Checkpoint
licensing costs get involved.)  They claim that it is a clustering solution
for Checkpoint FW-1 which can scale linearly to any number of firewalled
gateways.  Therefore, in an ideal situation, I guess you could cluster
enough FW-1 boxes to accommodate this much traffic.

HTH,
Jim

Disclaimer:  I'm not affiliated with Rainfinity in any way, we just use it
here to cluster 2 FW-1 boxes.  For us, it pretty much works as advertised
with two boxes.  (We aren't as concerned with performance as we are with
availability, though.)