Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re:

From: "jsg" <jgerrits () enteract com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:29:39 -0600

Are you using static nat for your mail server?  You will need to use a one
to one translation for anything that needs to come in.  Hide is just for a
many to one translation.

If your mailserver object is setup properly then you will need make sure
that you have a local.arp in the following directory:
c:\winnt\fw\state\local.arp
Include the ip address and mac address of the external interface of the
firewall.
Also check that your route is setup properly:
route -p add external address internal address

Your rulebase should be:
any    mail_server    smtp    accept
mail_server    any    smtp    accept