Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Event management

From: Nicholas Tang <ntang () nachtwache org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:11:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-2] Magos?nyi ?rp?d wrote:

A levelez?m azt hiszi, hogy Nicholas Tang a k?vetkez?eket ?rta:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-2] Magos?nyi ?rp?d wrote:

[]
All devices run some scripts from cron, which checks the system health
of the system.
[]

But I does not allow anything automated to login to my firewalls.

Well, you could always push the results from firewall to your monitoring
server, it works either way.  You could have your mail server scp the
files to your monitoring station, or send an encrypted email, an snmp
trap, etc.  There are alternatives that don't require anything connecting
=to= your firewall, and Netsaint is flexible enough to work with most of
those ways.  That's its biggest strength, really, is a very open and
useful design.  And hey, I can't deny that part of the reason I like it so
much is because several of its features were suggested by me.  ;)

Nicholas