Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Event management

From: Chris Trudeau <chris () ctrudeau dyndns org>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:30:27 -0400

All,

Looking for an effective means to provide real-time (or as close as
possible) monitoring and event management for security devices....

Requirements:

A=firewall   B=management console

*Traffic from A-->B MUST be encrypted (@ least 3DES)
*Must be prtable to Linux and Solaris (Probably no problem)
*Agent/Console IS acceptable
*Must provide for DIsk utilization, CPU utilization, Temp alerts (if
available),
swap utilization and other OS level alerts
*Must be vendor Neutral (support multiple firewall vendors-specifically
Axent/Checkpoint)

I know there are commercial packages out there, but I only need to
initially implement for a small number.  If this list is monitored by
vendor representatives who want to do a demo, contact me.  The potential
is considerably larger.

Thanks,
Chris