Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Checkpoint Question

From: "Chris Dinsmore" <dinsmoc () mediaone net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:46:13 -0400

Hmmm, well I'm a bit biased on this one since I'm a professional FW-1
engineer and trainer, but I'm really going to recommend against it. FW-1 is
excellent software and easy to manage nce you get the hang of it, but theres
some very illogical things about it. The obvious way of doing things is
quite often incorrect. Even worse, it will seem to work properly, but you
won't get the results you intended. My recommendation is that you at least
take Checkpoints CCSA and CCSE course. Four days, between $2500 and $5000
depending on the training center. The coruseware isnt the greatest, but a
good instructor can teach you more about the firewall and security in four
days, then you'll get six months of stumbling around on your own with

Christopher Dinsmore
Senior Network Architect
Salinas Group
470 Totten Pond Rd.
Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: (781)890-1267
Fax:   (781)890-1229
Email: christopher.dinsmore () salinasgroup com