Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Free NAT for NT?

From: Carl Brewer <carl () bl echidna id au>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:41:48 +1000 (EST)

I'm not coming down on Robert here!

<rant>
It's a shame that M$ are providing NAT, which even they know
is a bad technology (it was a M$ employee that wrote the IETF
case against NAT), and not IPv6.  Please don't lose focus!  NAT
is a short-term ugly broken hack, push your vendor(s) for IPv6
support!

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-nat-implications-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts-ietf-iab-case-for-ipv6-04.txt

If you're using, or worse, planning to use, NAT and you haven't
read the above two documents, read them :)
</rant>

Carl