Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ipfwadm X ipchains

From: altellez () ip6seguridad com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:20:59 +0200

El dia Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 11:52:41AM -0300, fgb () domain com br escribió:
Hi wizards,

Somebody can show me the advantages in migrating from ipfwadm to ipchains ?
Are the ipfwadm/ipchains a secure firewall or should I look for a commercial
one ?

        ipfwadm is for Linux Kernel 2.0.x and ipchains is for Linux Kernel 2.2.x
        both of them are network level firewalls, other commercial firewalls arenetwork and aplication level firewalls
... but if you need an aplication level firewall you can use TIS Firewall Toolkit ...

        i think you do not need to buy a commercial firewall.

Thanks,

Fabio Baptista
fgb () domain com br

--
Saludos.

   Alfonso Lazaro Tellez        altellez () ip6seguridad com
   Analista de seguridad
   IP6Seguridad                 http://www.ip6seguridad.com
   Tfno: +34 91-3430245         C\Alberto Alcocer 5, 1 D
   Fax:  +34 91-3430294         Madrid ( SPAIN )