Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ipfwadm X ipchains

From: Siglite <siglite () criticalstop com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:21:16 -0400 (EDT)

The only reason that I can think of to not move to the 2.2.x kernel and
ipchains is the free s/wan project.  The free s/wan vpn kernel mods
currently aren't running on the 2.2 kernels.  If you're not planning on
using free s/wan, I don't think it's a big difference security wise.  IMHO
I think the ipchains are a little easier to manage (just syntax wise, I
didn't find myself doing 'man ipchains' as often as I did 'man ipfwadm').
There's even a really nice gui for managing them if you're running the KDE
desktop environment.

/* I live with FEAR every day.       */
/* But, sometimes, she lets me RACE. */

KT Morgan