Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FWTK to Firewall-1 telnet problem

From: Bruno Treguier <Bruno.Treguier () shom fr>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:41:51 +0200

Dans son message du 26/10/1999, Lance Spitzner écrivait:

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Bruno Treguier wrote:

This user wants to access the remote site using telnet, and so goes thru ou
firewall via tn-gw. The problem is that FW-1 and FWTK can't seem to agree
on which telnet options to use, and the connection ends up being in
"linemode",
with no possibility to go back to character mode afterwards.

By default, FW-1 does not use proxys.  Your problem may not be the
FWTK <-> FW-1 connection, but FWTK <-> end host system.  Find out if
the FW-1 system is using a Telnet proxy.  If it is not, then you know
it is not the culprit.  If it is, let me  know, and we will see what
we can come up with :)

Thanks a lot.

In fact this behaviour shows up even when the user authentication phase
takes place, so before he has been able to connect anywhere inside the
remote network. So I guess it's really a fwtk/FW-1 issue.

Regards,

Bruno

--
--   Service Hydrographique et Oceanographique de la Marine --- Service INF
--      13, rue du Chatellier ---  BP 426  --- 29275 Brest Cedex, FRANCE