Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Question on Tivoli w/Gauntlet

From: "Burger, Gary" <gary.burger () lmco com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:27:59 -0400

First time post to this forum...

We are running Gauntlet V4.2...The box is primarily used for the SNMP
Proxy...
The proxy itself has been quietly going away sometimes more than once per
day...
It merely says in the log "proxy exiting"...I have a problem open with NAI,
but the
customer wants to put a Tivoli agent (which I know nothing about) on the
firewall
itself...I noticed when looking in the book that there are interfaces for HP
Openview
and such, so my reaction is that putting Tivoli on the box shouldn't be a
problem,
security wise anyway...Does anyone have any experience here and/or know of
any
reason NOT to do this ??? By the way, the monitoring station is on the
trusted side...

GO BRAVES.....OOOppps too late !!!

Thanks, Gary Burger