Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: MicroFirewalls for home/low speed connections

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurtbuff () lightmail com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 15:05:56 -0800

Well, yes, but...

Try finding an ISP (including USWest) that provides their DSL service in
anything but bridged mode, which negates all of the advantages you cite.
USWest does sometimes provide it in a routed flavor, but even so, it's like
trying to pull teeth to get static IP addresses. You have to go to a
commercial/business rate to get them, which most folks just aren't willing
to do.

feh.