Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Security urban legends

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr net>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 21:59:54 -0500

I missed the beginning of this thread, so this may have already been noted,
but the one I like hearing is the backdoor in Firewall-1 since it is an
overseas product.  So far, I haven't seen anyone with evidence...

I offered a $5,000 bounty for solid evidence a few years ago.
Amazingly, all the infosec spooks I had run across who knew someone
who knew absolutely what the trapdoor was all didn't seem interested
in cash. I guess they figured the Mossad would rub 'em out. Lamers.

mjr.
--
Marcus J. Ranum, CEO, Network Flight Recorder, Inc.
work - http://www.nfr.net