Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Gnat Box: any comments on how good it is?

From: dreamwvr <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 01:49:52 -0700

hi,
   SATAN was good a long time ago but is pretty redundant now upgrade
to SAINT. use nmap, strobe and such focusing if you can on the power
of nmap to see exactly how well it sizes up. nmap is probably the best
one out there for sheer flexibility. it also continues to improve not
relying on a pretty gui but gets down and gets dirty. this what the
real scanners will use against you so why kid yourself;-)
                                                        Regards,
                                                        dreamwvr () dreamwvr com