Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW-1 Failover

From: Richard Rees <richard_rees () ins com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:14:28 -0500

The multiple DMZs really aren't an issue as far as the HA is concerned.  I
have implemented a Stonebeat HA solution for FW-1, and it works fine in
that regard.  One DMZ is no different than 2 or 4 DMZs.  The only
limitation is the space for NICs in your machine.  A word to the wise,
however:  reserve one port on BOTH firewalls for management traffic, and
tie the DNS hostname (e.g. GW1 and GW2) to that interface.  Checkpoint's
state synchronization really isn't at the point where it can be trusted,
IMHO.  Stonebeat can also be configured to operate in load sharing, but
that is a dragon I have yet to slay.