Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall performance

From: Sandy Green <sand232 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:41:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all those who responded. But actaully
that does not answer my query.
There is a lab report on the checkpoint site about the
solaris vs NT performance.
fine.... but actaully there are other important factors
like PCI bus speed of the computer as well, CPU
speed ,memory.
The point is that even if the CPU speed is a 500 MHZ pentium and
memory is 10 MB , that does not help improve the performance.
what the labs do is get a machine from DELL/COMPAQ latest model as
shipped by them and perform the tests on them without tailoring the
RAM or PCI speed.
I have done some tests on a server with 500 MB of RAM ! and there
was no significant improvement. I thought that this list would have
expereinced such issues in their environments. But unluckily for
me I have not got any response from any of the list members.
But I would keep persisting....

thanks to all. and please do email me.
sandy