Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Client-side VPN solution firewalls

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:20:14 -0400 (EDT)

Joseph, Can you please help me understand your comment about vendors not
being sufficiently concerned with VPN client side machines?  I would love to
address that concern.
Thanks!
Ty Mellon

That was NOT my comment.  I know that vendors are going there.  What
was the saying - "follow the money"?

I had asked before about this particular problem - being able to
totally exclude Internet connections while using a desktop "VPN"
tunnel.  I got a response from two vendors.  This was just to follow up
a report from another company that only one vendor had been found that
met that requirement plus several others.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B