Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Certification

From: Jae <jae () charm net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:34:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 tcowell () civicdevelopment com wrote:

Is there anyone out there with this certification and passed the exam?
I am interested in learning about this certification and if it is worth it
or not!

Thanks
Tom Cowell

        A few people in my company have attained this cert.  All you
really need to do is have common sense and maybe read Computer Security
Handbook 1999, (i think thats the title?).  Its pretty general
information.  As for being 'worth it', it costs a $100 for the book and
around $395 for the test, and i have yet to hear of a company that
requests that their security people have it?!?!?!.......

 jae () charm net