Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Extreme Hacking

From: Rafi Sadowsky <rafi () meron openu ac il>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:15:23 +0300 (IDT)

why call it hacking - hacking has a "good" side to it too

I thought a criminal hacker should be called CRACKER
that would make the differentiation clear

for example I assume most ppl who use the (non-commercial at least)
version of NFR are probably hackers but very few are crackers

--
Rafi Sadowsky                                   rafi () oumail openu ac il
Network/System/Security  VoiceMail: +972-3-646-0592   FAX: +972-3-646-5410