Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: ODBC in DMZ

From: John McDonald <Johnm () Networkguys com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:52:27 -0700

Would It not be more secure to place the database on the inside network
instead of letting it hang out in the wind to be pinged by the world.
Then set up a rule on the rules base of your security enforcement point
stating that the only objects allowed to access this database are
objects behind your security enforcement point(the inside net) and the
server I'm guessing http since it's in your DMZ for the planet to
access)which requires that data in you data store?

Please tell me if I'm way off base here.

John D. McDonald

Phone: 510.713.8880 ext. 306
Fax:      510.713.3456
E-mail: JohnM () NetworkGuys com