Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ODBC in DMZ

From: "Todd Johnson"<tejohnson () bpd treas gov>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:03:33 -0400

       Hello,

       If it is MS Sql Server, you might want to take a look at the MS
       Knowledge Base article #: Q164667

       (We had this article generated)

       You can essentially hack the NT registry to MAKE MS
       Multi-Protocol listen on what ever port you want.
       The knowledge base explains how to to it.  This give you (at
       least) MS trusted connections (& what MS
       calls encryption) through a firewall/router (if you really want
       it).  The only other Hypothetical way is to
       make MS re-code their IP Stack ;)...

       Todd

       Disclamer:  I speak for my self, Not for the U.S. Treasury
       Department