Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SecurID Agent-Server through proxy firewall

From: carson () tla org
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:52:12 -0500 (EST)

"Vin" == Vin McLellan <vin () shore net> writes:

(Re: Web servers, ACE, and application proxies)

Vin> "The first part of the problem -- yes you do need to tunnel the traffic
Vin> (ie: no IP translation).

One of many reasons I'd _love_ SDI to scrap their !@$#%^ on-line protocol
and create a new, more useful one. But Vin and I have had this debate before
:)

The work-around everyone I've known has used is to use RADIUS through the
firewall, and have a RADIUS server inside the firewall speak to the
ACE/Server.

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson () cs columbia edu carson () tla org carson () cugc org
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html