Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SecurID Agent-Server through proxy firewall

From: "Randy Garbrick" <garbrir () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:57:33 PST

Hello,
If you have the option of using valid addresses on the DMZ, and you
don't mind having the real IP address of the webserver visible,
depending on the firewall, (I know you can do it with Raptor) you may be
able to publish the the webserver's address through the firewall.  The
firewall then appears to respond more like the actual web server, but
should still protect the server fairly well.  There may be other
problems with this, if anyone knows them, please point them out.

Randy Garbrick,
Network Consultant