Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: why isn't there a newer linux fw-howto

From: "Kevin T. Shivers" <kshivers () tis com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 11:41:22 -0400

--->> From Alfred Huger

        Much like Perry, I am somewhat partisan in this issue. This being
said, I feel this whole thing is somewhat a moot point. Any OS you deploy as
a firewall needs to be locked down, significantly. I feel it comes down to
with what you're more comfortable deploying. If you're more familiar with
Linux, use it. The same is true for OpenBSD etc. At the end of the day you
still need to maintain this box and ensure it meets your needs. Use the
right tool for the right job I suppose.

        Alfred Huger
        Network Associates Inc.

--->>