Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Gauntlet and Transparency questions

From: Steve George <steve () po i-way co uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:01:23 GMT

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is true that transparency in Gauntlet only works when the firewall is on the same
subnet as the clients?  In other words if I have a trusted network which
is down the other end of an internal leased line, and hence on a different
subnet, that transparency will not work?

I'm sure someone told me this, and my initial testing seems to point that
way, as normaly NAI's sales/tech people don't get back to me.  Why is it
that sales people talk about the Net allowing them to get closer to
customers but then place millions of auto-replies in the way!!

Thanx for any answers,

Steve